Monday, November 20, 2006

Building Authentic Relationships With Customers

This year, I decided it was time to get some help on organizing my financial assets. I started working with a small firm - Mueller Investments, after getting to know, and trust the team of this small, yet big company.

They just sent out their holiday gift to their clients, and it is a great example of exceptional customer service. It was a box of goodies (food items etc), with a booklet, and it was the booklet, more than the items, that made this holiday gift exceptional. The booklet contained a page for each employee along with a personal story about one of the items in the box, that they had selected for inclusion, and why. The products are as diverse at the team itself – from authentic Mexican hot chocolate to a favorite specialty hot sauce. Long after the products are consumed, I will remember the booklet. In an industry that is moving more towards commoditization, new products and services will help draw customers but a trusting relationship will make them long term partners. Move over Charles Schwab. In the information age, big no longer means better. Another example of Small is the New Big.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hmmm. I got a plastic calendar from my financial advisor; somehow did did not have the same thought provoking qualities, nor the same staying power. . . except when my father tried to pawn off his copy on me as well.