Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Anti-Blogger How-to

I have a few Google gadget items added to my Google search page. One of these puts up random 'how to's' from WikiHow. One that caught my attention this mornings was entitled: How to Dissuade Yourself From Becoming a Blogger. Here is an excerpt:

  • Find five completely random blogs, and read them daily for a month. After thirty days, you will absolutely dread your self-imposed requirement to read all that dreck. Any blog you create will most likely be on par with what you've been reading. Don't put anyone through that.

Among other things, it suggests that bloggers are often craving attention and validation... me - I'm just looking for a way to capture ideas, and thoughts. If no one reads them, its still helps me clarify my own thoughts. One suggestion they have which I have been contemplating for a while now is moving from a blog to an online wiki format - much more collaborative...

No comments: