Friday, November 24, 2006

Manifesto’s to think about

Manifesto: a public declaration of intentions, opinions, objectives, or motives...

Hugh Macleod has been taking submissions for ‘manifesto’s to change the world 500 words at a time' – Here are a couple of good ones to make you think differently about your business:

1. Hugh’s updates (and much shorter) Hughtrain manifesto on marketing. My 3 favorites:

  • Your customers are becoming smarter about your market a lot faster than you are
  • A company's primary role is to function as an "idea amplifier"
  • The more porous the membrane that separates your business from your market, the easier it is for both parties to be in alignment
2. A submission from Rodrigo Dauster entitled the Elusive Customer Manifesto. Couple snips to get you thinking…
  • “Don't ask me what I want. To ask is to admit you don't know. If you don't know, it means you haven't been listening.”
  • Stop telling me what else I need to be happy. We all know that more this and more that will only lead me into a down-ward spiraling, unfulfilling consumption binge. If you really want to add value -- to be different -- show me how I can get more with less: simplify, defeature, unbundle, open up.
There are certain people that think about the world differently – listen up, and it may allow you to do it as well, and stand out from your competition.

No comments: